Suddaby School is fortunate to be located in the vibrant Central Frederick Neighbourhood . We have many resources for families within walking distance including, The Kitchener Public Library, the Downtown Community Centre, The Centre in the Square, The Kitchener Waterloo Art Gallery, Kitchener Market and numerous parks including Victoria Park and Weber Park.
We show our citizenship at Suddaby in many ways. We help the Food Bank of Waterloo Region with our food drives.We have a “Me to We’ group of grade 6’s who are learning about being good citizens both locally and globally.Suddaby Students visit the seniors at A.R. Goudie RetirementHome on Fridays,on average, twice a month all year. At Christmas our ‘Tree of Warmth’ helps provide warm socks and mitts for our children at Suddaby as well as providing extras to Mary’s Place, ROOF and Anselma House.
Kitchener Public Library visits our classes several times during the year to keep us up to date on programs and locations.
Suddaby School is partnered with Chapters Indigo to recieve free books with their Adopt a School Program. So far we have earned 23 books and have 14 adopters. If you would like more information about how to support our library,check out details using the Link above.
Links to some of the area programs for Children and Families
- Free Literacy Program at Main Branch of the Kitchener Public Library “Reading Buddies”
- Fee Assistance Program Information for City of Kitchener Programs
- Apply for Child Care Subsidy from the Region of Waterloo online!
- go to www.regionofwaterloo.ca/socialservices
- Click on “Financial Help with Child Care Costs” under the Children’s Services Menu
- Complete the Child Care Subsidy Calculator and you will be directe4d to the Child Care Subsidy Online Application
- For More informaiotn on child care subsidy, vivst www.regionofwaterloo.ca/socialservices or call 519-883-2200
- Downtown Community Centre
- Connect KW provides 2 public access computers for free internet access and community resource use.
- The “Old Vic” Meal Program serves a delicious home-cooked noon hour meal. This full course meal is served Monday through Saturday. Please reserve your meal 24 hours in advance by calling 519-741-2501
- The “Old Vic” Hair Salon offers full hairstyling services for all ages by appointment only. A list of available services and prices can be found here. Please call 519-741-2501 to book your appointment.
- The Tuck Shop is open Monday-Friday, 9am-1pm. Patrons can purchase a variety of hot and cold beverages, soup, sandwiches, snacks and more.
• Family Outreach Program connects families of low income to resources in the community. Please call the main line 519-742-8327 ext. 3 for information and assistance. For more details about services provided check out the website for program details at http://www.familyoutreach.ca